Parramatta Park is a major urban park and historic site in Parramatta in Western Sydney, Australia. It was gazetted as a public park in 1858 on the site of the former Parramatta Government Domain over 99.5 hectares. It was gazetted as a National Park in 1917.
The park is a part of the territory of the Darug people, who called it Burramatta, and has remnants of the Cumberland Plain Woodland. It is historically and archaeologically significant and has been used for recreational purposes throughout the 19th and the 20th century. The remains of aboriginal occupation can be seen within the park and various artifacts of the era have been retrieved from the vast green space.
In 1860 the extension of the Main Western railway line divided the park and necessitated the demolition of Governor Macquarie’s stables. In 1913 some of the park was annexed for the construction of Parramatta High School. In 1981, eight hectares was transferred to the Parramatta Stadium Trust.
In June 1954, the Steam Tram & Railway Preservation Society laid a short section of railway track. After its depot was destroyed by a fire in June 1993, the track was lifted in December 1998.
The present parklands are 85 hectares in size, straddling the Parramatta River on the western edge of the Parramatta central business district. Old Government House, sits within the park.
The park is administered by the Parramatta Park Trust pursuant to the Parramatta Park Trust Act 2001.