kiwijunglist

[WINDOWS APP] Mvid scraper / downloader

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:07 am

Features:

1. Monitor clipboard for youtube / vimeo music video urls.

2. Scrape last.fm data then match up music videos from theaudiodb.com then download music videos.

3. Also supports some other music video sources in addition to the audiodb.com. Currently supports pitchfork.com/tv and will soon add muzu.tv and vimeo channels.

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/music-video-downloader.120700/

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [StandAlone] Mvid scraper / downloader

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Nice!

Gave it a quick try and it worked well. Some comments:

- Initial download had a lot of cache files to extract
- UI could possibly be made simpler
- Wizard at start could explain how to add artists (I had to search for a while to work out to add my last.fm username)
- Once mvids have been found, I found it hard to find the list. Eventually found it under bulk downloads

Other than that great work, It found a huge number of my Mvids ;)

Lets hope people continue to add youtube links to TADB!

mosesjustmoses

Re: [StandAlone] Mvid scraper / downloader

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:32 am

First off i want to say that this program is awesome! There is no other like it out there! But with that said I am having problems with a few things. I had the program run all of yesterday and it downloaded 255 MV. That was awesome until i started to scrobble some new music. The music was showing up on my last FM account just fine but when i go through the process of using MV Downloaded the program doesn't find any of my new scrobbled songs. I have even check to make sure that they were on the sight that the program references. I have also taken the time to run it from a windows 7 computer and a windows 8 computer. The other step i have taken is deleting log files and all the data base files that the program creates. Even after doing this i still have the same problem. I was wondering if this problem is caused by last FM changing or the program not running right but cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “3rd Party Apps”