uweschiffer

The "?" in a songtitle

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:47 am

Hello. im new here. Great thing.
I add a new Album "Programm" from Band "Kontrast" about musicbrainz here. And there is a song named "Freiheit?" But i cant store the "?". Some signs seems to be forbidden. What can i do? Can anybody help? Other Problem: Have some songs from Rammstein - Mutter. And at all songs the picture is the right one. But at "Ich will" not. What can i do? And is there anywhere a instruction how to store the musicvideos-name and the all the features? f.e. seems when i stored "Band - Song (1234) any text.mp4" no Problem to find it. Are there other "secret" options? thank you very much! ( sorry my bad english. I am from Germany)

uweschiffer

Re: The "?" in a songtitle

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:37 am

And a other Problem i have:
When there is only a cover for a album everything is fine and kodi takes it as albumpic. Is there a cover for the song too kodi takes none of them and only see a "undefinied" pic of the song.
I think thats it f.e. at my question to "Rammstein-Mutter-Ich will" why there is no pic.
Is it possible to change it that i can choose what pic i will take? Or how can i erase it?
And is it right i always can choose only 1 genre?
Thanks for helping

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:18 am

If your using a scraper then all you need to do is tag an album with something like musicbrainz picard and it should keep all the special characters. It even has a function to only use windows valid characters in filenames.

For your 2nd question, yes we do store the track cover if its uploaded. Kodi does not read this yet as it has no database field for the cover yet. It is possible to scrape very easily if the developers add that in the future.

I think the Music Video scraper might store it, not sure though.

damorsoft

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Still with the ? mark, I have these videos and they will not scrape.
Wondering what can be done thanks

4 Non Blondes - What's Up
Bonnie Tyler - Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman
Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This
Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
Shania Twain - Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
Toby Keith - Who's Your Daddy

damorsoft

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:34 am

zag wrote:If your using a scraper then all you need to do is tag an album with something like musicbrainz picard and it should keep all the special characters. It even has a function to only use windows valid characters in filenames.

For your 2nd question, yes we do store the track cover if its uploaded. Kodi does not read this yet as it has no database field for the cover yet. It is possible to scrape very easily if the developers add that in the future.

I think the Music Video scraper might store it, not sure though.

I don't understand your message how do I tag and album? The following videos do not scrape. The one thing they have in common is ? mark.

4 Non Blondes - What's Up
Bonnie Tyler - Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman
Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This
Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
Shania Twain - Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
Toby Keith - Who's Your Daddy

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:17 pm

I was referring top the audio scraper in this case.

Return to “General Site Chat”