When I write the feature of course :D

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: REQUEST: Music Videos

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Did a bit of work on this today, take a look :mrgreen:

http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/32724218

I'm still wondering if it might be a good idea to have some extra fields like production company.

MasterPhW

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Looking hot so far!

DGMurdockIII

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 pm

can we use other site like vevo or mtv if we cant find a official video on youtube

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 pm

DGMurdockIII wrote:can we use other site like vevo or mtv if we cant find a official video on youtube

No, all links must be direct youtube videos for the xbmc scraper to work. Anything else is rather pointless.

DGMurdockIII

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:13 pm

the sites longturm goal would of the site is to be open database like themoviedb and thetvdb and one day be referded to as the IMDB for music m mean music. im amsuming correctly right am I and having the the api and using it as and using it as scraper in xbmc is a way to get a better leagel music db that can be using to idintfiy your music with i all for but there are some think you have to add that you xbmc migh not be able to support but other people migh like making use of as bing able to use VEVO for music video would help alot

MasterPhW

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 am

I can totally see DGMurdockIII's point and would also like to support that.

Like I already told you, the Youtube Videos aren't available everywhere (for example Germany is blocking all music videos on Youtube because of the GEMA), neither is VEVO or MTV.
But that shouldn't hold us back from adding the information so it's complete.

A scraper shouldn't hold us back from adding info. The XBMC team could also add compatibility to our new videos hosts then. And the author of MediaElch already said to me, he'll add the music video scraper capability of the AudioDB in an upcoming version.

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

What other sources for Music Videos are there?

If you could list them, I can always add a new field.

What I don't want to do is make a non standard field that will break any scrapers.

MasterPhW

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm

zag wrote:What other sources for Music Videos are there?

If you could list them, I can always add a new field.

What I don't want to do is make a non standard field that will break any scrapers.

Afaik a non standard field will not break any scraper at all, they just will skip that info.
Same would happen with a site not yet included into XBMC: it just can't launch the url, but it should be just a matter of time, till it has been added to XBMC.
The Addon authors are just insanly fast!

Music Video sites?
Like DGMurdockIII said, there's of course vevo (which is mostly compatible with youtube, means, if there's a video in youtube with <ARTISTNAME>vevo, there's a video on vevo, too), MTV.com and its localized counterparts (I know there are some local music videos of German acts at MTV.de, which are not at MTV.com and vice versa), in Germany the ProSiebenSat1 Media AG has a site called myvideo, with 350.000 music videos licensed to show, located here.
Other than that, I really dunno. There are probably plenty more, some of them local sites. But local sites could be a great source for localized information. Just thinking.

Probably DGMurdockIII knows some more sites.

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm

MasterPhW wrote:Afaik a non standard field will not break any scraper at all, they just will skip that info.
Same would happen with a site not yet included into XBMC: it just can't launch the url, but it should be just a matter of time, till it has been added to XBMC.
The Addon authors are just insanly fast!

Unfortunately in the case of XBMC all the scrapers use Regex so the field must be standard youtube clip only.

Return to “General Site Chat”