manfeed

Right aspect ratio

Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi, thank you all for providing so many artworks for music! Although most of the images are great there are also some of them that are not, especially some cleararts, banners and wide thumbs that don't keep the right aspect ratio between width and height and make artists look twice as fat or something worse... Could it somehow be possible to add a reminder about that in the upload section? Thank you indeed!

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Right aspect ratio

Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Yep the correct aspect ratio is important. I've tried to show it off in the upload screen with examples and text.

At the end of the day, any artwork is user replaceable on the site, so if something is off then people can always correct it.

manfeed

Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks for your answer, I can see your point but in view of the current results I think that some people just don't catch the point, maybe your hints are too subtle?. The truth is that many times the deformation is pointless, since the source image is all good... Just a more clear reminder could be all that is needed.
I agree with you in that every image can be corrected afterward, but there's no point in wasting time and efforts when there are so many artworks still needed... Just my opinion, of course...

smudgie

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm

quick reminder, when adding fanart, clearart etc, if you need to resize an image, please make sure you keep the original aspect ratio

Return to “General Site Chat”