nannup

Kodi/XBMC Album Scraper not responding

Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:52 am

Posted this over on the Kodi form a while back, still having this problem, so thought I'd try here!
I've added info for several albums to theaudiodb, the info is there when I look it up later, but the scraper is not finding the info...for example, using 15.2. I click on 'Album Information', refresh, dialog box pops up for artist and album names,add them (the same as used on web site), but it just keeps requesting the same info over and over (asks for artist/album names) until I force a halt when the message about downloading info failed pops up. I have tried this for several albums. Universal scraper works, but I want the info about the albums that I put into the DB (stuff like musician credits etc)! Any ideas?

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kodi/XBMC Album Scraper not responding

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:14 am

The "repeat asking" for album info bug should be fixed in the next version of Kodi hopefully.

As for it not finding information, can you post the exact artist and album name its searching for?

We can check on the API the response then,.

nannup

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 pm

David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock
Climax Blues Band - A Lot Of Bottle
Graham Nash - Reflections
:)

nannup

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:12 am

Same problem with latest 16 beta...... so do I just sit back and keep waiting until the bugs are squashed, or is there anything else I can try?

zag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 am

The API here is working fine for those albums, so I assume its a musicbrainz thing.

Have you tried making a local nfo to override the default search?

nannup

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 am

Sorry about slow response, been out of action. I've tried local .nfo but no go. Kodi 16 beta 2 with default skin.

nannup

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:26 am

Ended up uninstalling Kodi, reinstalling it and.... voila! Whatever gremlin was getting in the way has now been vanquished. :D

Return to “3rd Party Apps”